Tuesday 5 June 2007

Up The Irons!

Yeah! That is it! Iron Maiden in Bulgaria!
I'm not a great fan but I do enjoy their music. It was a perfect show with Bruce Dickinson singing at his best (except for the last song when his voice got a little bit lost) and all the others playing at their best.
The support act - Steve Harris's daughter Lauryn - that bird can't sing! End of story.
Iron Maiden, the stage - it was huge. But ridiculously, after seeing George Michael's stage on Monday, Maiden's seemed so small to me :(
Iron Maiden, the band - perfect performance.
Iron Maiden, the show - very well done, with all the lights, the decors, the devil and Eddie on a tank (yes, a tank)... one word - impressive!
The crowd - from the place where I was it looked wonderful - hands in the air, everybody singing, headbanging - a human sea where there are no individuals, all personality is lost into the Crowd. The same word - impressive! Metal music has the particularity to provoke this phenomenon better and faster than other genres.
When Bruce stood up and shouted: "Scream for me, Sofia!", that was a thrill. And I screamed. Hell, yeah!
The sound was not very good. The set list was short. The new album they are promoting is not good for me. The concert was not great - I've seen better. But this was Iron Maiden in Sofia! People waited for them more than 25 years!
So I'm satisfied.
Next target - Vaya Con Dios acoustic, Saturday.
Meanwhile I'm listening a lot to Procol Harum, I just discovered how great band they were (and are) and reviewed last Linkin Park album... Now, that's a mix of styles ;)
The set list:

Iron Maiden
Live In Sofia, Bulgaria
Locomotiv Stadium - 04.06.2007


1. Different World
2. These Colours Don't Run
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. Wrathchild
5. The Trooper
6. Children Of The Damned
7. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
8. For The Greater Good Of God
9. The Number of The Beast
10. Fear Of The Dark
11. Run To The Hills
12. Iron Maiden
Encore:
13. 2 Minutes To Midnight
14. The Evil That Men Do
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I love N 14....



Photos: Svetoslav Dagiev, SME

No comments:

*

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.