Saturday 3 March 2007

Magical Music Tour

Oookay! So, it's March. MY MONTH! I waited for it for so long... and now I know it's going to end very, very soon. It always is. Everybody knows, dreaming is better than the dream itself. But never mind, I'll dream of summer afterwards :)
So let me share something with you - I'm listening to Yes's "Relayer" for a whole week now and I'm going deeper and deeper... I love it! I can say I'm happy. Some years or months ago I couldn't listen to such music without being left worried and insecure about how I do not understand it. But fortunately I am very persistent when I take a decision and the decision I took was to try as hard as I can to break through it. I didn't know much about progressive rock and anything about jazz for example. And I wanted to know, to understand, to feel - because my firm belief is that people can be taught. Even in art, in music, in whatever. If they desire. And not pushed away with words such: "Oh, if you can't already feel it, forget about it, it couldn't be described, it's impossible to be explained. You just don't have the heart for this". Excuse me! It's nonsense.
So... I was reading, listening, listening, reading, listening and now I feel like I succeeded to push aside a big rock that was blocking the opening of a cave and now I'm standing in a stream of sunlight. I'm certainly not a progressive rock expert but at least this music talks to me now.
Next step - I'm attacking "Faithless". It must be hard...
Now let me give you a piece of blue sky shining between thick clouds...

it runs high

to reach pure beauty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

none of the videos available...:( Was that "Yes" ?

nousha said...

Yes, those are parts of the concert in Queens Park. I replaced the files so I hope now they'll be viewable and playable :)

*

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.