Wednesday 16 May 2007

Flight To Munich

Everything usually messes up at the very end. Yesterday when I finally decided to print my electronic ticket I saw the return date was scheduled to be on 22 JUNE. I just couldn't believe my eyes. I just ordered the ticket by phone and paid online and didn't look at the reservation receipt. How stupid... Now I try to fix the things up.

So early in the morning I took my flight to Budapest. The new terminal of the Sofia Airport looks like a real European one, mainly from outside. It was quite quiet and not very cozy inside I must admit. The view from the plane was magnificent, especially during the landing, because the sun could be seen above the clouds shining brightly, at the horizon of the clouds the colours were blue, green, red and purple and below the light was still weak and very gentle, it was dawn.

A friend of mine told me that Budapest Airport is huge and messy, nobody speaks English and you find it very hard to discover your departure gate while transferring. But fortunately it was very easy for me, everything was translated into English and there were signs everywhere and the departure gate for Munich was very close to the arrival gate from Sofia. So I waited for an hour - at 6:15 in the morning the airport was busy, full of people, very dynamic and sunny.
Next flight was full of sunlight. We were even given a Hungarian (I suppose) cake during the snack on board - it combined cheese and sultanas. I liked it.

When I saw those majestic mountains in the distance I decided to give my camera a try and here they are:
Yeah, mostly blue and white up there...

Then everything went just fine. It's a little bit cold in Munich though. I have plenty of things to worry about - the ticket, the concert, the pile of work (I took another translation assignment, why, girl, why???) I have to do. Let's hope for the best ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pic of "those majestic mountains"

Now that you're in Munich, don't forget to greet Kate (from DM's, y'know)? You both would have a great time together, I'm pretty sure.
It'd be great to be there ...
I envy you!!! :-( (smilies please :P)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to tell me
when you're coming over here!!! :D

*

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.