Sunday 6 May 2007

It's St George's day here. And as my name comes from George, I celebrate. It's good, most people remember my name day, because it's a national holiday too, but few people know my birthday.
I spent the afternoon at my grandparents', eating lamb (tradition!) and drinking old alcohol drinks, not to say ancient. My grandpa keeps them for years - today's wine was from 1972, for instance. And there were so many horses in the green sad field outside. Most of the people in the village are relatives of ours but I still cannot manage to make someone give me a horse to ride. So I'll have to go riding here, in the big city. Modern times...
Speaking (writing) of which, in a minute ago I wrote to my brother, who is in the next room, to turn the volume up, because I heard the beginning of "High Hopes". Not that I couldn't shout and he couldn't hear me through the door, but technologies are much better...
I don't want to do the lot of work I had and I want to learn my Finnish grammar instead, but I cannot because of all the work that had to be done. So I'd better start with doing something useful...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, isn't your birthday in March? Aren't you Piscis, nousha?
Some of us still remember it, don't forget that! LOL! ;-D ...
Wine is for wine rs and Liverpool haven't wine d yet! ;-P
Hope you've got a great day ... at least as great as it seems by reading you!

Anonymous said...

Well said.

*

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.