Wednesday 27 June 2007

Placebo

A lot of concerts are coming and a lot of concerts I was to last week, so I'll try to catch up. And Placebo deserves a separate post.
I decided to go to this concert because I have once listened to "Every Me Every You" and I liked it. At the time I was listening to Suede (not only a song, but a whole album, yeah!) so Placebo were labelled "cool".
And that was it. And now - a concert. Well, OK, I'm going.

What was that sentence about the good intentions and the road to Hell? My good intention to listen to the music of a performer before going to their concert hasn't lead me to Hell (yet) but I never manage to do that (the listening).

I'm a photographer this time. The sticker given to the photojournalists is very clever - looks like a prescription. I like it.

The sound was not good enough most of the time. I liked the bass player - very intensive attitude, nasty look, punk behaviour - well done!




In the beginning I was bored. All the songs sounded the same to me. Poor sound quality... no contact between the artists and the public... great whim: video screen behind the musicians made as the one is broken:


The encore was amazing. It was a completely different story. There was the yellow light, flooding the hall and the thumping music that made me feel... just feel the music. And I like that feeling. When the music starts travelling through the veins and clears the dark and misty corners of the brain like a witch cleaning her closet in Spring. Then I didn't care anymore about the absence of contact between the musicians and the audience - it was all right, everything was all right and I was just feeling happy only because I could feel the music.
See, I didn't want to listen to Placebo when I got home (I'd rather play Suede), I didn't become bigger fan after the concert but now I can label the concert "success". Because a concert is not only listening to the performers' music.





Set list:
Placebo, Winter palace of Sports, Sofia, 18 June 2007

1. Infra-Red
2. Because I Want You
3. Meds
4. Drag
5. Soulmates
6. I Know
7. Song To Say Goodbye
8. Cops
9. Every You Every Me
10. Special Needs
11. One Of a Kind
12. Without You
13. Bionic
14. Blind
15. Special K
16. Bitter End

Encore:
17. Running Up That Hill
18. Taste in Men
19. Twenty Years

No comments:

*

On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.